What dreams may come

A blog to keep track of my dreams and hear the interesting interpretations of others. The dreams are as much as I can recall of them and may be out of order and in rather rough format.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Trying to find something

had this dream this morning. it has lots of pieces and am not sure of the order of some parts

1. James was hurt or sick and I was carrying him in my arms. I was standing at the edge of the water and knew I had to get across. I could take off my shoes and try to swim across. Everything in my backpack would get wet. Was I strong enough? I didn't think so.
I could take the Wolfe Island Ferry, but I didn't have a car. (though in real life you don't need a car to ride this ferry, you did in my dream) I could plead with someone to help me.

2. I was taking James and Devon (Amanda's boy) to some kind of fair or event. It was a big area. At first it was o.k. but at the end of the day they both ran off on me and I couldn't find them. I told people that they were both my children and I needed help finding them. I told them they were 3 and 5. (James just turned 4- apparently my subconscious didn't notice. Devon is 5) I felt guilty that I didn't know much about Devon's childhood, so I told people he was adopted. There was an area with lots of escalators. I don't know how I found James or if he just came back, but then I put my groceries down and started going around shouting "Devon" at the top of my lungs. There was a man lurking behind me. I think he wanted my groceries. I thought about offering him something to eat, but didn't because he seemed a bit creepy. There was so much space to look for Devon, and I realized he didn't even know my name. Somehow, later we were with him again and with Amanda at a table eating and I told him he better stay with me. He said he wouldn't. I said I would handcuff him to me next time!

3. I was in Kim's Church, but it didn't really look like her Church. It was bigger and lighter. I was standing pretty far at the back and in the aisle (I might have been looking for James and Devon at the time) and the pastor came up the aisle and stopped in front of me and said 'Jump' so I started jumping with all my might. Some other people were jumping too, but not many. People were disappearing and reappearing.

4. At the end of the dream I was on a street with Br. She had been wearing 4 sweaters but they had all come off. I was trying to seperate them and get them back on her, but she didn't want them back on. Then we were near a building (like a grocery store) and all her bottle caps (these were candy when I was a kid) had spilled. I was trying to get them back in the tube for her and she had wandered off. There was also a box of her stuff there. Then I looked out and there was a tornado headed straight for us. I started yelling at her to get in the building and I threw the tube of bottlecaps on her stuff and grabbed it all up, heading in to the building. I think we got in just in time, and I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home