What dreams may come

A blog to keep track of my dreams and hear the interesting interpretations of others. The dreams are as much as I can recall of them and may be out of order and in rather rough format.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The funeral

James woke me from this dream at precisely 5:45am this morning and now it is 9:30am so I'm not sure how this remembery will go:

I think the funeral was for Estelle Getty from the Golden Girls. (Note the first time I had a funeral dream, there was a casket going down Johnson street and I was pretty worried about the dream, but since then I have realized that funeral dreams are actually good dreams in general because they don't speak of death per se, but of rebirth, so I'm pretty happy with funeral dreams at this point)
How I knew Estelle was not clear.
Myron, James and I were at the funeral as well as many other people. I think most were dressed in black, but I don't believe I had dressed up. I had a backpack on. We were all standing by a river, behind a fence that was back up from the river, for safety. We were looking down at the river. Pastor Ken was there and said that it was time for the tidal bore. (Think Atlantic Canada- which happens to be where Pastor Ken is living now)
As we looked down at the tidal bore (which in reality, it was not a tidal bore at all) we could see the new water coming in. The new water was a different colour than the old water so you could see the difference between the 2. The new water poured in and the old water was washed away.
I didn't think of it during the dream, but in retrospect, it seems symbolic of Jesus washing away our sins and His new life flooding into us. I love that.
Anyway after the funeral was over Myron and James got into a big limo, but I decided to walk home.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Bar L. said…

    Fascinating dream! Estelle Getty???

    I don't know what a tidal bore is but ma glad you know that funeral dreams are positive.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog.
    Hugs to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home