What dreams may come

A blog to keep track of my dreams and hear the interesting interpretations of others. The dreams are as much as I can recall of them and may be out of order and in rather rough format.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Taking in

With no alarm this morning I did better at remembering:

Myron and I lived in a different house. We were taking in people who (I assume) had nowhere to go. At first it was just one, but then it grew to 3 - 2 ladies and a guy. The ladies had children that I saw but I don't think they were with them for sleeping at night. We had one room set aside. I wasn't sure if we had 2 couches but we did. ! bad and 2 couches. The couches were white and old England type. Not looking too comfortable, but the 3 didn't seem to mind. I made up their beds. Myron went and made them up after me. We didn't know too much about the 3 but we were learning. We wanted to know, wanted to connect. They all seemed happy enough to stay with us.

I heard some sounds outside and went to look out the kitchen window. There were big rocks outside the window and I was trying to look out. I saw a racoon. People in the background were saying something like, so ancient, they were around with the dinosaur. An then I saw something else. The tail of an alligator. I went to the front window and the alligator was coming out of the rocks and going across the street. He was HUGE. He was bigger than the whole street! The tail was so wide.

A dream dictionary says
Alligator
This cold-blooded animal could hold several different meanings in your dream. It could symbolically represent something from your memory, emotions, or a current situation or individual in your life. Some think that the alligator represents verbal power used in a destructive way (angry and hurtful words). Others believe that it represents an enemy. Consider the details in your dream and your level of fear. This dream symbol should encourage you to look at some of your more "dangerous" emotions, memories, and experiences. The alligators in your dreams will begin to lose the power to frighten you as your understanding increases. Carl Jung said that all wild animals indicate latent affects (feelings and emotions that we do not readily deal with). They are also symbolic of dangers (hurtful and negative things) being "swallowed" by the unconscious.


In the dream I wasn't frightened of the alligator. Maybe awed.
The alligator may also be an ancient spirit. Al suggested the spirit of religion.
ETA:Thinking of it as a spirit, some notes:
-it is out in the open
-it has teeth
-it has armour plating
-Isaiah 27 says

1 In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong,
Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan that twisted serpent;
And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home