What dreams may come

A blog to keep track of my dreams and hear the interesting interpretations of others. The dreams are as much as I can recall of them and may be out of order and in rather rough format.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 15 & 17

Dreams from May 15

James was at a hockey game in the 3rd period in a gym. His red and black plastic goalie wasn't performing so he game it a kick. There were little pieces all over the gym floor (not related to the kick) and real players as well.

There was a Chinese girl who was my student. I think she was saying something about her partner(in the lab). I asked who he was. She gave me lots of different answers (she didn't want to get him in trouble?) The first name she gave me I didn't recognize and I said I didn't think he was my student. I asked her to tell me again so I could write it on my hand and look him up. The name I had on my hand when I looked later was Jeff Jeffs (what kind of a name is that?) Her partners' actual name was Damien Moore and he came by to see me because he had forgotten to return a journal and they were blocking everything until he did. He didn't say anything to me, just put the magazine down. I think I said thank you.

Lynann had left me this big pile of papers to go through. Some of it overheads. I was trying to make sense of it. She was watching me.

Dreams from May 17

Lynann was standing outside a bathroom and I thought we were both going in, but only I went in. As I walked through I saw they were renovating it and there weren't any bathrooms left. Why didn't she tell me?

So I went down the hill to find other bathrooms. I went after 4 silly girls who went down the hill very dangerously and probably got hurt. I slid carefully.

It was the Pope's birthday (note that on May 16 I also dreamed about the Roman Catholic Church- what is going on here?)- someone woke the Pope to tell him this and immediately he jumped up and went to stand on his wood stumps. A snake charmer with 3 snakes had been hired by the head of the Center (which I found out the day before in real life had just closed) It was a pretty cool display of the snakes for me, my mom and the Pope. He twisted them together and spun them around. When he was done, he wanted to be paid, so my mother was going to pay him.She wanted to know how much he wanted. He said whatever she felt. So she had to decide. What she first pulled out, she thought would only be enough for a deposit, so she brought out more. I wanted to know how much she paid so I could get the Center to pay her back.

I was up at 5am and when I got back to sleep I had this dream:

James and I were in the back of a very long car driven by some black people. There was another car that was part of our group. They were driving pretty crazy. We narrowly missed getting squeezed by a truck. Then we were in the fast lane. I didn't see what happened next but I could feel the car hitting the guardrail on the left and being bent over in the seat. When the car stopped moving, I looked over at James and he was hanging out of his carseat. I picked him up and was walking with him (carrying him). We had both died. I said (smiling) would I like soap or shaving cream? (joke that had been running though my dreams at night about dying. I do not get the joke in real life)

(That day (May 17), my parents arrived for a visit and James and I went out for a drive with them. My dad does not drive crazy at all, nor were we on a highway. But when we were stopped for someone to make a left turn, a car a few behind us did not stop and hit the car in front. It was just a fender bender. Noone died. But a bit startling, anyway)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home