What dreams may come

A blog to keep track of my dreams and hear the interesting interpretations of others. The dreams are as much as I can recall of them and may be out of order and in rather rough format.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

chasing crocs

Dreamt I was on a wooden pier looking out at the water. The water looked peaceful and flat but I knew there was a dangerous alligator in the water. So I decided to catch it. I took out a fishing line and threw it in the water. It was a very shallow area I threw it in, only a few inches deep. But I caught him almost immediately. However, now that I had him I didn't know what to do. I shouted at people to get off the beach (it was a rocky one not all sand) so that they would be safe but I didn't know what to do next.

The dream dictionary http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/a2.htm says about the alligator:

To dream that you are running away from the alligator indicates that you are unwilling to confront some painful and disturbing aspect of your subconscious. There is some potentially destructive emotion that you are refusing to acknowledge and owning up to.

I think this is good as I was doing the opposite- I wasn't running, I was actively pursuing!

It also said:
According to biblical interpretations, an alligator suggests that leviathan is king over the children of pride. (Psa 74:14, Job 41:1,Isa 27:1)

Children of pride- very interesting

Looking up crocodile http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/c5.htm

To see a crocodile in your dream symbolizes freedom, hidden strength and power. It also forewarns of hidden danger. Someone near you is giving you bad advice and is trying to sway you into poor decisions. Because crocodiles can live in water and on land, they also represent your conscious and subconscious and the emotional and rational. Perhaps something is coming to the surface and you are on the verge of some new awareness.

In another dream there were some small babies. One was so small she was almost invisible. She was so small and hard to see we had trouble keeping hold of her and not loosing her. She could slip among the rocks and we couldn't find her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home